To change your doctor, please call our Customer Care team at (704) 512-5555.

You will need your:

  1. Medicaid ID Number
  2. Date of Birth
  3. The name and address of the new practice (doctor)

A new Medicaid ID card will be mailed to you three to four weeks after your change is made.

Your new card will have an “Issue Date” on it. Your Medicaid coverage does not start on this date.  It is the date when the card was sent to you.

To find out when your coverage starts:

  • Call your new doctor
  • Or call our Customer Care team at (704) 512-5555

You can also go to the Department of Social Services (DSS) to change your doctor:

Anson County:
118 N. Washington Street
Wadesboro, NC 28170
(704) 694-9351

Mecklenburg County:
301 Billingsley Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28211
(704) 336-3000

3205 Freedom Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208
(704) 336-3000

Union County:
1212 West Roosevelt Blvd.
Monroe, NC 28110
(704) 296-4300